10 sign of strong and intimate relationship
At some point in our lives, we may believe that love should be like the kind of romance we see in films, television, and novels. For some reason, we always thought our romantic relationships were less if we did not experience this kind of fairy-tale relationship.
Here are 10 ways to create true intimacy, find pure love, and be truly happy in your relationship
Use relationships to teach you how to be whole within. Relationships aren’t about having another person complete you, but coming to the relationship whole and sharing your life interdependently . You both know what you want out of life, what your common goals are, what you wish to accomplish in life, and are firmly committed to achieving these together.
- There is a strong sense of trust between you. You openly discuss everything—the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is no hidden agenda and no secrets from your past.
- You keep your own identity within the relationship and so does your partner. This is so vital. Marriage may be a large piece of the whole pie that identifies who you are. But above all, you’re still who you are as an individual beyond your various roles in life.
- You spend quality time together doing things that are mutually fulfilling as well as quality time apart doing what is important to you individually.
- You encourage each other to grow and change. In other words, you inspire each other to be a better person.
- You and your partner feel safe communicating personal needs and wants. Time is set aside to discuss issues relevant to you as a couple or each of you individually. Listening carefully with undivided attention is essential to real understanding.
- You respect each other’s differences even if you disagree on important issues. And you are able to turn your differences into fair compromise.
- You share realistic expectations for the relationship, not what you wish ,it should be. Remember that you’re dealing with another extraordinarily complex individual in addition to yourself. There’s enough to work with without pursuing unrealistic ideals.
- Each of you contributes your fair share to the relationship, whatever that happens to be. Each partner brings their best strengths and abilities for the benefit of the yours.
- You and your partner honor each other’s family ties and friendships. While it’s important to set aside time for family it’s also important to maintain healthy boundaries between you and your partner as a unit apart from other close .
- Caring, kindness, support, encouragement, and empathy are the watchwords of a good and loving relationship. There is simply no room for rudeness, meanness, jealousy, insulting, degrading, blaming, guilting, criticizing, judging, or physically acting out.
There are no guarantees, but couples who practice these techniques have longer and stronger relationships than those who are not proactive in their love.
I am Avantika, Digital Marketing specialist at Spotyourshop. I am managing digital content to build a relationship for the company. I am a regular author of spotyourshop ‘s blogs. Die-hard passionate with the profession and believe in simple living high thinking. You may also follow me on facebook & twitter.