EASY WAYS TO OVERCOME YOUR SHOULDER PAIN
Fed up of that unbearable shoulder pain? This common joint problem can affect anyone .You should consult the orthopedic along with that , Here are some easy ways which will surely help you out to overcome that pain.
- Arm-across-Chest Stretch– Hold your right hand out in front of you, keeping it near your waist. Reach your left hand behind your elbow, pulling your right arm to the left and across your chest. If you feel pain in your shoulder, lower your arm until the pain subsides. The goal is to be able to pull your right arm across your chest without feeling any pain. Hold for 30-60 seconds then relax and repeat with your left arm. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Neck Release– Sit up straight then slowly bring your chin toward your chest until you feel the stretch in the back of your neck. Try leaning your head to the left to stretch your right shoulder or leaning your head to the right to stretch your left shoulder. Hold the stretches up to one minute in each direction, breathing deeply as you concentrate on relaxing. Repeat 3-5 times.
To progress the stretch, elevate your arm as you pull it across your chest until it is the height of your shoulder.
- Chest Expansion– Put an exercise band, rope, strap, or even a tie behind your back and grasp it with both hands. While holding the strap, draw your shoulder blades toward each other and gently lift your chin toward the ceiling. Breathe deeply for 10 to 15 seconds and release. Repeat 3-5 times.
To progress the stretch, move your hands closer together on the strap.
- Seated Twist– Sit straight up in a chair with your knees together. Twist your torso to the right, placing your left hand on the outside of your right thigh. Relax your shoulders as you look towards your right, gentling pushing on your right thigh. Breathe deeply for 10 to 15 seconds and release. Repeat with your left side. Repeat both sides 3-5 times.
- The 90, 90 Shoulder Stretch– Stand in a doorway, holding your arms up so your elbow is at a 90 degree angle and your arm forms a 90 degree angle to your body at the shoulder. Place each hand on one of the sides of the door frame, placing one foot forward as you stand up straight aligning your neck with your spine. Lean forward as you brace yourself against the door frame. Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds. Repeat 2-3 times. If you not get any relief then just search best orthopedic doctors and take proper treatment.
*REST YOUR SHOULDER
In most of the cases the root cause of shoulder pain is overexertion , lifting heavy things too often. You should stop the exasperate activity at least for a few days. If you have a work or profession which requires physical strength then talk to your boss and Switch your task for few days .You should keep few points in mind -:
-Imprudent bed rest is not good idea in any type of muscle skeletal injury as little movement is required to stimulate blood flow and healing.
-Avoid sleeping on hard mattress , mattress that are soft and pillows that are thick will help you in easy recover .
*ICE YOUR SHOULDER
Ice is very functional in such cases , because it shrink blood vessels and numbs nerve fibers. Cryotherapy often known as cold therapy should be applied to the most generous part of your shoulder in order to reduce the swelling and pain.
*GET A SHOULDER MASSAGE
A deep tissue massage is helpful for mind – to -moderate strains because it reduces muscle spasm , combats , tenderness and promotes relaxation . You must start with 30 minutes massage , concentrating on your shoulder , neck and mid back areas .Always drink excess water promptly following a massage in order to flush out inflammatory by products and lactic acid from your body .
*SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT
If the pain is long lasting than you should consult a orthopedic doctor .Your shoulder pain may be caused by something serious such as torn tendon , damaged cartilage , fracture or inflammatory arthritis. If suggested by doctor go for an X-ray or MRI . Consider surgery as a last resort.
‘ EVERY STEP YOU TAKE COUNTS TOWARD BETTER HEALTH ’
I am Avantika, Digital Marketing specialist at Spotyourshop. I am managing digital content to build a relationship for the company. I am a regular author of spotyourshop ‘s blogs. Die-hard passionate with the profession and believe in simple living high thinking. You may also follow me on facebook & twitter.