How to avoid electrical fires this summer!
Electrical fires are ubiquitous in the commercial places as well as personal houses due to increased negligence in maintenance and poor monitoring in electrical units. There is an only one shock which could leave an lasting impression of a jolt, you can never forget.
To prevent the possibility of fire-breakouts, and to guard you and your loved ones from the electrical shocks, this the right place to know about the common reasons why electrical fires happen, and what can be done to avoid these electrical fires. Find best electrician and overcome these electric hazards.
Don’t overload circuits!
Every circuit in your home carries pre-determined limited amount electrical current. When too many devices are plugged into a single socket, it overloads the circuit and generally leads to electric fire. When several devices are plugged into a single socket then usage of power strip that interrupt current flow in case of overload automatically reduce the power if too many devices draw excessive amps.
These electrical wiring devices are organized to quickly and automatically disconnect a circuit when it detects that the electric current is not balanced between the supply and return conductors of a circuit. Any difference between the currents in these conductor leads to leakage current, which makes shock hazards.
Wiring that become defective with the passage of time
Over a period of time you add more appliances such as wide-screen television, home theater, refrigerator and air conditioner. The outdated wiring cannot handle the increased power load. Old wiring cannot bear the excessive appliance’s current and have the high chances of fire.
Prevention tips: Call an expert and best electrician to look over your home. Detect and replace the old wiring immediately. Get an expert to conduct a thorough electric safety audit of your wiring, external power panels and electric wall outlets. Install good quality smoke detector alarms and fire extinguisher to prevent fire taking place in your home.
Be wary of danger signs!
A faulty electrical system, outdated wirings and circuits will often give you warning symptoms. Obviously, the pungent smell of burning fire needs immediate attention. Other things which can make you cognizant are:
1) Dimming or flickering lights when high demand appliances like stove or dryer are on or off.
2) Outlets that feel warm or make buzzing sound.
None of these symptoms should be ignored or dismissed as normal. Contact a professional electrician as soon as possible.
Remove all this challenges availing in your home, and relish this summer with your family and your loved ones.
I am Anuj Chaudhary, a SEO specialist and content writer at Spotyourshop. I am managing digital content to build a relationship for the company. I am a regular author of spotyourshop ‘s blogs. Die-hard passionate with the profession and believe in simple living high thinking. You may also follow me on facebook & twitter.